Thursday, August 11, 2011

Dreams for the Library

If time and money were no hurdles, what would my dream be for the library?  Hmmm...  Well, first of all, I want some of those HGTV guys to get on over here and redecorate the place.  Dark woods, real artwork, no fluorescent bulbs anywhere.  I know most children's libraries get decorated in the usual bright, cutesy style.  But why should kids not be surrounded with nice things from an early age?  I've seen some fabulous libraries in School Library Journal, and I think if a building looks like it was meant to be attractive (and not just to little people), kids will take better care of it.  Oh yeah, let's not forget the koi pond in that little forgotten alcove!

We think too small.  Like the frog at the bottom of the well, he thinks the sky is only as big as the top of the well.  If he surfaced, he would have an entirely different view.
---Mao Tse-Tung
                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment